[url=http://www.mapleleafsshoponline.com]w

Mai Mult
acum 5 ani 1 lună #3266 de elaine95
DALLAS (AP) Dougie Hamilton got home from a workout San Jose Sharks T-Shirts Womens , turned on the TV to watch the NHL draft and saw his name on the screen as part of a trade to the Carolina Hurricanes.”That’s where I found out,” Hamilton said.He might want to stay tuned because the Hurricanes are just getting started.Carolina acquired Hamilton, winger Micheal Ferland and forward prospect Adam Fox from the Calgary Flames on Saturday for center Elias Lindholm and defenseman Noah Hanifin in the latest move during a time of drastic turnover. The Hurricanes, who have missed the playoffs each of the past nine seasons, have gotten a new owner, general manager and coach so far this year and will have a very different team on the ice.”When you’ve gone as long as we have without making the playoffs the message is we want to be better, we want to compete and we want to win,” GM Don Waddell said. ”We have a lot of other possibilities, pieces to move around. We wanted to acquire the best players we could and let the rest shake out as we move forward.”Waddell started shaking up the roster by shipping out two pending restricted free agents in Lindholm and Hanifin and added a right-shot defender in Hamilton who could make co-captain Justin Faulk expendable. The Hurricanes should trade for a goaltender and could move Faulk and winger Jeff Skinner soon.”We’ll stay busy San Jose Sharks Hoodies Womens ,” Waddell said. ”I can’t say for sure anything will get done. I’m pretty confident something will get done, whether it’s in the next few days or next 10 days.”The 25-year-old Hamilton now has been traded at the draft twice after going from the Boston Bruins to the Flames three years ago. Waddell said there were ”no red flags” about Hamilton because of that and was thrilled to pick up an offensive-minded blue liner who has 220 points in 423 regular-season games.Hamilton figures being traded is easier this time.”It’s definitely a learning experience, something that helps you grow,” Hamilton said on a conference call. ”You have to go through different experiences and stuff and I think you get growth from that.”The Hurricanes have gone through some growing pains over the past few months. Tom Dundon bought the team from Peter Karmanos Jr. removed Ron Francis as general manager and replaced him with Waddell and promoted assistant Rod Brind’Amour to head coach.This trade changes Brind’Amour’s mix as Carolina looks to end the league’s longest playoff drought. Ferland gives the Hurricanes a big winger who can produce after putting up a career-high 41 points last season with Calgary.”We talked all along that we feel like we’ve got a lot of skill pieces up front and we need a little size and muscle up front, so Ferland, who scored 20 or 21 goals last year, fit that bill pretty well for us,” Waddell said.Giving up the 21-year-old Hanifin and 23-year-old Lindholm was a heavy price to pay for the Hurricanes. Hanifin was the fifth overall pick in 2015 and joins an already deep blue line that includes Mark Giordano and T.J. Brodie.Hanifin and Lindholm are reunited in Calgary with coach Bill Peters, who stepped down from the Hurricanes at the end of the season amid uncertainty within the front office.”Obviously Bill spoke very highly of both players and really likes both players San Jose Sharks Hats Womens ,” Flames GM Brad Treliving said. ”Both guys are great character. He liked both players. It was a great resource to have.”—This story has been corrected to show that Micheal Ferland had 41, not 78, points last season.— WASHINGTON (AP) — The Philadelphia Flyers tied an NHL record with Mike McKenna becoming their seventh goaltender to play this season.McKenna started against the defending Stanley Cup champion Washington Capitals on Tuesday night and allowed four goals on 25 shots in a 5-3 loss . He got the nod because interim coach Scott Gordon wanted to give top goaltending prospect Carter Hart a break after playing twice in three days.The Flyers became the fourth team in league history to use seven goalies, joining the 1989-90 Quebec Nordiques, 2002-03 St. Louis Blues and 2007-08 Los Angeles Kings. Brian Elliott, Michal Neuvirth, Calvin Pickard, Alex Lyon and Anthony Stolarz have also tended goal for Philadelphia.Because of injuries, they reached the seven-goalie mark in their 43rd game.Philadelphia claimed the 35-year-old McKenna off waivers from the Canucks last week when Neuvirth was injured again. Vancouver acquired McKenna in a trade from the Ottawa Senators two days earlier.McKenna had black tape all over his mask and black and orange tape on his pads to match the colors of the ninth NHL team he has dressed for. In previous seasons Custom San Jose Sharks Jerseys , he played for the Tampa Bay Lightning, New Jersey Devils, Columbus Blue Jackets, Arizona Coyotes and Dallas Stars.“He competes and he battles,” Gordon said of McKenna. “When you play for as long as he has, that’s something people appreciate, the fact that you bring it every day in practice and games.”McKenna fell to 1-5-1 this season, and his only victory came against the Flyers while playing for the Senators. He recognized his first game with Philadelphia wasn’t his best.“I’d be lying to you if I didn’t say it was a little bit of a challenge just from a lot of different logistical standpoints, but my job is to play hockey and be a goaltender and stop the puck and no matter what team I’m on I’m going to do that to the best of my ability www.mapleleafsshoponline.com ,” McKenna said. “At the end of the day, we’re all trying to do the same thing and that’s win hockey games regardless of who we’re playing against. The NHL is a challenge no matter what. Every team has players that can do this, so you’ve got to bring your A game.”Gordon, who replaced the fired Dave Hakstol behind Philadelphia’s bench, was one of the Nordiques’ seven goaltenders 29 years ago. He said this is different because Quebec was 9-34-6 at the time he was called up.“The team at that point, there was a fire sale that was going to happen at the trade deadline,” Gordon said. “They were out of the playoffs. Different situation. There were some major changes that were done at that point.”The Flyers have now lost eight in a row and are 30th in the 31-team NHL.

Vă rugăm Autentificare să participaţi la discuţie.

Timp creare pagină: 0.041 secunde
Motorizat de Forum Kunena